RCU Forums - View Single Post - black horse now producing jets!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

An update to this model. I used to share your opinion about Black Horse, but this one was a plesant surprise. At first glance it seems smaller then the current benchmark, the Taft Viperjet. Looking closer it's actually quite a bit larger and the smaller wingspan is due to the lack of winglets. It's a good 4" longer!

It's all wood and looks good. The struts provided actually looks good too and the suspention works without any metal to metal feel as all other China struts have. Not Tamjet standard, but way better then we use to see. It features wheel wells of vaccum formed plastic which are perfect to prevent FOD.

The larger size makes it a perfect turbine convertion where the larger and heavier P20 fits well too. ...or the rumored micro turbines comeing that weighs in at about 15oz with a thrust of about 7lb.

I put all parts on a scale to sum up the weights for you.

Wings 380g
Fuse 944g
Stab/rudder/wingspars 180g

Struts 260gram (all 3 pcs with wheels)
Electric retract units 67g(x3)

To compare to the benchmark Taft Viperjet weighing in at 1705grams with the much needed Tamjet struts and larger wheels.

With my experience I predict this one to have a dry weight of 6.6lb/3kg with a Kolibri turbine.

Please note that some pics feature the Taft Viperjet as compartion and the Taft weight is w/o fin.

To sum it up, I was wrong about this one! I'm willing to try this one next.