RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyking service
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
With 400 orders I should think so. I don't think I have made 400 orders in total in the last ten years and I have more planes than anyone I know. You really have to wonder about the credibility of those kinds of statements and put them in perspective. No one in their right mind would go to such an extreme level to defend a hobby shop unless they were being compensated in some way.
I can help you put it in perspective..

1. Spent 23 years of my life on a Cop salary / supplemented by doing flight instruction at a local flying school - essentially working 7 days a week
2. In Dec 2008 was offered a great Corporate Pilot job in Perth for 3 times the salary - yes THREE times
3. Started the new job which entailed flying 4 or 5 days a month - giving me 25 days free EVERY month..
4. For the first time in my life.. lots of spare time.. with lots of extra cash.. what to do??

I spent the first year buying every model train I ever wanted - the 2nd year I got bored with the trains - and came back to RC - got totally hooked on RC Helicopters..

I flew them on average 25 times a day, 25 days per month..

Building a Heli takes on average 3-4 days - flight testing etc, another few days.. for almost a year I was building a new heli every month - just to keep myself occupied.

Each heli requires numerous parts to complete... I would often buy 3 or 4 different motors for each helicopter purely to test various configurations.

Also bought dozens of tools, servo testers, chargers, telemetry units.

139 orders over 3 years - that averages less than 1 order per week - several items per order.. sounds about right.

If you like I will post the contents of every single order and you can count them for yourself?

This vid was made during the "crossover" from Trains to Helis in June 2010...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAEnDyA-70 Hornby and Kato paid me lots of money to post my train videos also..

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-06-2013 at 05:07 AM.