RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 12X Battery problem
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:25 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know this is an old thread but i had a strange thing happen to me. knowing the problems with the batteries in the 12x , i am careful on how i charge it. i have a hobbico elite and the 1st gen Triton for charging. the very first charge i ever did was with the factory charger . i was careful to make sure it wasn't getting hot. i have had good luck with the battery . meaning the battery lasted a long time before i had to recharge. well... last week i forgot to turn off the transmitter before putting it back in the case and it was on for about 5 days. when i took the trans out it was dead. so i put it on my triton for 9 hours at 200 Mah and then bumped it up to 400 for the last hour till it peaked. it never got hot . now it don't last at all. i got one flight on my jet and while flying a second time the alarm went off as the voltage dropped like a rock. i think the battery is shot. funny thing is , i called JR before i used it and asked if i could have ruined the battery and they said it would be fine. they said it was good to run them down from time to time. huu? WB_1