RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roberto B.
Is it possible to use a DLE ignition sensor on the OS?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDKRD&P=Z

Thanks.
Roberto, did you ask this same question in another thread? I think I answered there but maybe worth repeating. They are both Hall sensors and work the same....But use the correct CDI...

BTW- the second OS GT33 commisssioned a couple weeks ago has about 4 hours run time on it (about 1 1/2 gallons). I took the small, break in prop off it (18.5x9.5 Wide Blade APC) and put the regular running prop on it (20.5 x 10 PN APC). RPMs dropped as expected to 7200 and everything else cleaned up (low throttle, mid range and downline brakes all got better).

Another BTW- I am using the DLE55 carbie on this OS. No reason other than the fact that they have identical throat diameters, same needle locations, same pressure port location and same location for both choke and throttle arm. I had the model set-up for the DLE55 carb originally so it was a glove fit and minimal work.

SOOOOOO- in the event the carb needs to be replaced, buy the one for the 35 or 55 DLE. It's the same identical carb.....but, what, 1/3 the cost??