RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone getting fed up with this hobby?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jj46
...what spare time I do have, I want to fly.
This statement fits me to a tee. If someone likes building, I am in total respect of that and I admire their work. I know some extremely polished builders and their planes are immaculate. For me, I fly and fly - I fly ARFs and I like them. They are a perfect fit for my budget and quick way for me to enjoy any spare time I have. Really don't care for any building. Granted I would like to attempt a build at some point when time allows, but it is not paramount for me at all. If it happens, it happens and if not, my ARFs are great for me.

I would imagine we have all seen club changes over time. I just recently saw one of the oddest things that I have seen at a club. One of the long standing members just up and left over silly nonsense! Membership declined dramatically (was around 20 members that had not paid dues at last count - around 20-25% drop) and the usual behind the back bickering going on. Reminds me of the old saying, "Life happens."

I think folks should try their best to get along and keep those snide statements about others to themselves. It is up to each of us to make the difference. I go to fly - not much into the social aspect at all. I do socialize when needed, yet I would rather spend the time flying.