RCU Forums - View Single Post - Value Hobby Chinese ARF 80.5 inch P 51 Build
Old 09-11-2013, 11:10 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry the pic is sideways... Silver with invasion stripes... terrible paint job, believe me!!!

She flown 4 times now... the electric starter works like a champ!!! Everyone is green with envy on the flightline...

She's very docile on take off and landing... tracks well on take off with an little right rudder with no tendency to jump off the deck... I like watching the oleo struts work! She's fast when I open her up but flies great at 1/2 throttle. If I open her up she'll climb like a rocket. Big loops look good (pilot issues keeping the wings even, but I'm learning).

Landings are tame for a heavy warbird... the landing gear is doing much better than I expected! HK all metal Turnigy P51 electrics.

so far, nothing weird. She's very forgiving and with a 55cc in front, I can pull her out of issues quickly.

I was dared to cut the engine and restart it. climbed to 100feet, closed the choke until the motor cut... waited a second for the flightline to yell out "deadstick" and opened the choke, opened the throttle to one click over idle, hit the switch and, tadaa! she's running again...

I'll try to post video this weekend... I'm definitely flying this bird a lot!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1979.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1919219