RCU Forums - View Single Post - The modern "Day of Infamy"...Let us never forget Sepember 1tth, 2001
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thecommander
I made this post right before sitting down to dinner with my family tonight. Being born and raised in New York City having been a policeman for over 31 years I am like most the people live in the New York metro area.....we are very sensitive to 9/11. We avoid any celebrations on this date,,, trying to schedule any weddings, birthday parties or anniversaries. I even have friends whose son was born on 9/11 they try to have his birthday party the weekend before. After dinner tonight my wife, my girls and I headed into town to the 9/11 memorial for the four members of our community who died that day at the Twin Towers. We had a candlelight vigil, sang the national anthem and God bless America as the two beams of light shined in the sky from Ground Zero behind us. Later tonight when I got home I was deluged with P Ms from several RCU members regarding this post.

My sole intent was to commemorate a solemn day in American history with my fellow RCU members as we have done many times in the past. A large majority of the RCU tank forum members are students of world history. None of us glorify war, all of us respect the sacrifices made by veterans worldwide. In our radio control hobby, whether we love fighter planes or armored tanks.... none of us glorify war and death.

AnzacRC it is obvious you don't know me and have probably never read anything I posted here on RCU before.

I don't know you.
I've never heard of you before.
I don't think you've ever posted anything here on the tank forum.
I don't know how old you are. You could even be a misinformed teenager for all I know.
I don't care where you live.
I don't care what country you're from.
I don't care for what you have to say here.

Even when you stated that you would post no more no more hurtful things you did it again.... So I believe you are no gentlemen and do not belong here on the RCU tank forum. Hopefully, you will restrict your diatribe to another venue. I can only presume you never heard of the old adage "If you can't say anything a nice, don't say anything at all". Or perhaps your parents didn't teach you that.

Perhaps you should talk to your father, grandfather or great-grandfather and ask him what the Americans did to help Australia and New Zealand in World War II. I know one of my fellow tankers has brought this up already. If we hadn't been there for you and your countrymen would probably have been typing this in Japanese. Or perhaps you believe the British protectorates in the Southern Pacific got what they deserved too in 1941? Hats off to the British!!! The United Kingdom is the only country that has repaid the World War II Lend/lease debt to the USA that they incurred. I have deep respect for them and they didn't give up repaying until they were free and clear in 2009. Perhaps you think we deserved the attack on Pearl Harbor too?

I watched the World Trade Center being built as a child living in New York City. My dad worked a few blocks away in the printing district at Canal and Hudson streets, downtown. In 1984 I even got engaged at Windows on the world restaurant at the top of the trade center. I've lived about 25 miles away from the trade Center for the past 42 years. I watched the burning and subsequent collapse with my own eyes. I was sent in by my Police Department three days later for "mutual aid".

I am deeply saddened and disappointed that you decided to taint this post with your rhetoric.

I don't believe you're a gentleman or that your cut from the same cloth as the rest of the RCU tankers.

It certainly appears that you're saying that we got what we deserved.

It's been many months since I posted anything here on RCU forums. I am very pleased to see my fellow tankers step up to the plate in my absence while I was the 9/11 memorial service. It appears they let you have it with both barrels. They are great bunch of very mature gentleman who treat each other with respect and dignity. I'm sure many of them felt very sad for you and what not even dignify your comments but the response.

I will extend to you an invitation right now to come with me to the 9/11 memorial service in 2014 at Westwood, New Jersey and tell the families and friends of those who died that the United States deserved to be attacked by terrorists. But I doubt you would even make it out alive.

I'm sure your fellow Australians and New Zealanders are very proud of you right now.
Hey Commander, I am a 16 year vet and Sergeant with Columbus Police. Thank YOU for your service and enjoy your retirement, we have the watch brother!