RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need a new twin...
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can feel your pain. I just lost my 50cc 89" Spitfire a week ago. Wasn't a radio failure, but a structural failure on the plane. It was the Hobbyking 50cc Spit. Its got plug in wings, but, the wings are held on by two small bolts going thru small wood tabs. My gear locked in the up position and tried a few rolls and nothing. It was suggested I take it up high then do a loop and pull up a bit hard to get them to loose up and drop down. Well.....on the bottom of the loop, those tabs on the right wing completely broke inside the belly of the fuse and the wing slid off the aluminum tube. Plane is a total loss like yours.
Same thing happened to me as well....some of the servos and the two rx batteries came up missing when me and a few others went to pick up the wreckage.
This is what it looked prior to the accident. Plane flew great up to that point. It wasn't its first flight when it went in, but didn't get a chance to enjoy the plane either.

BTW...ESM is coming out with a 93" P-38. I don't know what the release date is though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	spitfire3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	1920117   Click image for larger version

Name:	spitfire1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	763.5 KB
ID:	1920118   Click image for larger version

Name:	spitfire4.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	676.2 KB