RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eflight Blanik 4.2m with turbine?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mixing required... If I remember right, in pattern, you put a setup together then adjust it after a few flight to tune it in. That is the same here. I have 4 standoffs of equal length and have an additional 4 washers under the rear standoffs. You can add or take away from there. There is more going on than just the turbine angle. The wing appears to have a positive angle against the fuse. Even if you had the turbine flat turbine, I think it would fly ok and could be adjusted. Its no big deal.

In my opinion again, turbine angle is not the critical focus. The vertical stab and rudder hold the most interest for me. My P-60, when throttled up on the ground, will make the vert stab shutter. I am sensitive in not damaging the stab/rudder with max thrust. I would not be comfortable in the long term with a turbine more than the P-60. The 60 is an ideal match for the 30lb sailplane. Plus you have the issue of the heat damaging the covering. I removed the stickers on the rudder because they don't fix with a heat gun or covering iron and you will be fixing the rudder coving after just a few flights. I have long term plans on removing the covering from the rudder and replacing it with "flightskin" or something that can handle a little heat.

BTW... the camera is a GoPro Hero 3