RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 ghz Jammers
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if the jammer is solely on their property and does not extend any further i do not have a problem with it.
It's not up to you. ANY jamming is illegal.

I tried sitting my 2.4 system on the top of my microwave with the door open and the interlock shorted out.
Of course, you were nowhere nearby during this experiment, right?

Weather radar on aircraft operates in the microwave band but is much more powerful than home microwave ovens. We've always been cautioned to turn it off before taxiing into the ramp area, as it could be bad for our people working the ramp.

I recall reading a couple articles years ago about jammers produced in Canada being available to defeat police radar. The device was basically the transmitter from a microwave oven and was quite effective. Unfortunately it was 'dirty' (spurious radiation), harmful at close range, and the makers did not properly warn the buyers. It was obviously illegal and their sale here was quickly stopped.

I have purchased one of these devices to check if it will really jam the RC 2.4Ghz systems
Pics please!

We had a ham operator near our flying site years ago who ran 'power' (illegal transmitter power boost) who we reasoned was shooting us down out of spite. We called the FCC, they did an investigation and he lost his license and I believe was fined. The fed is very serious about this.