RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Tamiya Owner!!: Pershing doesn't drive but recoils. Any suggestions?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:33 PM
SDCPs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't feel bad--would never have thought of it at all--I mean never would it have occurred to me. Trim tabs used for the day-to-day operation of a rc vehicle?! I'm just glad it was so simple, and that safety really is a good thing as otherwise we can have accidents. These tanks are FAST. Speed doesn't seem scale to me, at least because many people were complaining about the speed of the Heng Long tanks--these are faster.

Thanks for your very thoughtful reply, Bob. The pictures you so kindly included (need to get some of my tanks to add to the thread! Very busy now, however, and may not get to running the tanks for awhile. What I am really doing is trying to get parts for a FPV Video system for each of them. IMHO, rc tank battling is not that much fun when you have a god-like view of the battlefield and everyone else. FPV puts you in the commander's cupola, and you can't see your opponent all the time! There's some involved tactics involved now...how to "ambush" the enemy! We are going to do long range FPV battling in the scrub around San Diego...probably get lost )

Those pics are a level of neatness to aim for, to be sure. My question is how do you disconnect the battery? Looks like you don't install the 4 screws which provide interior access, because if you did it would be a great pain to remove the top each time you wanted to use the tank!

Need to wire the tiger up a bit more nicely...its not bad by any stretch but you'd win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in a contest!

Oh, BTW, I used the mini cable ties (2mm wide?) and chained the cables to going to the turret together. Ideally we would use something that is reusable but I don't know of anything right now. Well, maybe some small bits of wire. But with these small cable ties I do not think sharpness is a big deal. They're cheaper too. Got at least 50 for 99 cents at a local discount store. My only worry is snipping them off without snipping the wiring. I'm sure I'll manage.

I've always liked the suspension on the Pershing. Don't relish the turret, but the body of the tank is one of my favorites! Love how the wheels are. With my early tiger I, I don't like the suspension and some parts of the body (too squarish for my tastes) but I love the turret, gun, and the back of the body. Front also.

But I was very blest to get both my favorite axis tank and favorite American tank in the same lot! Never dreamed I would have these.