RCU Forums - View Single Post - Studied A Long Time, Hoping for Input
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChappyEight
While I respect, and agree, with your opinion regarding young children, the quoted comment above was unnecessarily sarcastic... and factually incorrect on your part.

That said, after researching further and getting opinions from current pilots, I chose to go with the HZ Super Cub. The coolest part about this thread, though, is that I now have a notebook with a progression path of aircraft that I'm going to try and follow as I get more comfortable flying, including some glow/fuel stuff. I chose the BNF version of the cub so that I could choose a Tx that I can hang onto for a long while. Through an interesting series of events that I don't care to explain right now, I ended up with a Tx that is way overkill for this plane, but should serve me well into the future.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough for the information and encouragement you have provided. I've clipped this entire conversation into Evernote and plan to refer back to it often.

Thanks again,
Chappy
You got a DX9! Good choice. I am watching the Australian distributor site daily to buy one the instant it is available.

And a wise choice of aircraft too as you can't go wrong with most of the BNF aircraft. I have several and they fly nicely and have been reliable for many years.

Good luck and enjoy this great hobby.

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-17-2013 at 11:16 AM.