RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying wing conversion to micro flight
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 09:06 PM
roger- Michigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying wing conversion to micro flight

OH, one more thing.

I assume this, but just to be sure:

When setting up a "zagi" airplane, the two servos are used in "elevon" mode, which my transmitter can mix, and doesn't require anything special on the 4-channel receiver. But I was wondering on the RFFS-100, is the setup the same? I assume it is a three channel receiver

In other words, will hooking up the actuators to the rudder/elevator channels work the "elevons" I would be creating in this simi-air wing?

Oops, I lied, two things:

I did find many threads on rc-groups when finally searching on "N9M", which apparently the Simi-air wing copies. But funny thing, those threads all seem to be using two motors (and two ESC controllers???). Why do they think they need so much power? The way I figured it, with the RFFS-100 system and all the components you mention, it weighs practically the same as the 8 grams of putty-ballast in this wing.

And, as mentioned by U2Steve, those threads are old -- they talk about 4-5 oz flying weight!!!

I guess what I ASSUMED I would be getting is a nice slow-flying wing here since the all-up weight is bacically an ounce. I thought those KP-00 (or other) motors would have loads of thrust but could fly slowly, too?

Does this make sense or am I nuts?

Roger