RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hawk crash
Thread: Hawk crash
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gjhinshaw,

I doubt that anyone is going to be sued for discrimination. FEJ is not a protected class or group that I'm aware of. Again, I think you're missing the point. Here's a little story:

I twice had occasion to assemble FEJ ARFs (for customers) where I soon became aware that they could not possibly have ever attempted to assemble one themselves before sending the kits out the door. In both cases, major components could not fit inside the airplane together (like the pipe could not physically exist inside the plane along with the bypass that came with it). In one case, the stab servo and the fin spar were supposed to occupy the same space at the same time. After going through a lot of fits and starts to fix everything and get the ARF assembled (let alone airworthy), I came to the conclusion that I didn't need to see the entire lineup to know that I didn't trust the people who sent that stuff out the door to do anything else. I also figured if most of the air cylinders involved with those two planes failed, and the landing gear NEVER worked in the air, then it stood to reason that I the rest of their work was probably the same. So the point is, you don't need to see a failure in every single offering by a given company to know they've got issues. I think at this point, there's enough clear evidence. BTW, I think it's smart that you removed FEJ from your signature line...however that came about.