RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hawk crash
Thread: Hawk crash
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
I have told you and many others about getting Insurance for there jets, To date, Only ONE........ ONE person has made the call...... Why is this????? Why, won't people call to find out the truth???? It maybe that they think they know it all and have decided that there is NO WAY..... WELL... They are wrong!! I would be happy to REPOST this information and again, to just see how many actually call!!!!! Andy, Do yourself a favor and call..... It makes it easier to fly your jets!!!

Gerry,
Since you have advised several times for people to buy insurance, and I'm the "one" who checked it out, I need to let you know how it went. My State Farm agent (for 26 years) checked and was unable to obtain coverage at all. Each area of the country has a regional underwriter who decides what they will cover. I was told that the southeast regional underwriter for my company, though it is the same as your company, wouldn't touch this type of coverage at any price. He suggested looking into some specialty insurance company, but couldn't provide a lead on that. I didn't bother myself because I think it would be more $ than I'd be willing to pay. So, if you have State Farm, and you live in the SouthEast, you're outta luck on model airplane insurance.

Further, I doubt seriously that your own insurance company would cover you on some of the airframes that have become recurring problems, as they are "known or existing issues". It would be like obtaining auto coverage after being rear-ended in your Pinto. You might want to contact your company and be certain that you are indeed covered if you are flying any of the jets that are already known to be defective.