RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 09-24-2013, 03:45 AM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahamay
- Those 10cm servo leads are only just long enough for my setup. Would recommend some longer ones so where you mount stuff is not such an issue.
- 3.5mm bullet connectors if those esc's or motors don't come with them already.
- XT60's male/female - You can never have enough of these. You need them for the power leads from the bottom board. I also made a parallel adapter so I can run 2 x 2200mah packs, or you can buy the adapter from hobbyking. 2x 2200 packs gives me a 10 minute flight with about 65-70% discharge on the packs.
- Dont forget props if your getting them from hk.
- m3x8mm hex screws to mount your motors
- reciever

When you get the frame kit, you'll need to drill out all the holes that mount the top plate and the bottom plate to the arms. You'll strip the hex if you try and force them through. I did this by hand be removing a hex shaft from the handle and putting the drill in it's place. It takes very little force and about one turn on each hole to open them up a little.
Originally Posted by rikybob
+1! On the above with the exception of two things. You'll need nylon mounting hardware that HK sells (I used my local HWS) to mount to the frame in standoff form. Additionally you MAY need a small Thai hooker to rub your shoulders on your maiden!

b
Thanks guys. Im so close to the 1.5 Kg limit that I might have to place an order with the AU warehouse. Marvelous how much help you get when you want to spend some $
Bullets are in the wish list as are LEDS. Got a million XT60's. Props as per recommendation from APC. Was thinking about getting some decent screws for the frame. M3x6 ?
Have so many receivers its embarrassing. Thanks for the heads up on the stand offs but I will pinch Jonesys tupperware container idea for mounting.
Good idea about the longer servo leads. Just realised how long 10 cm isnt.

One things for certain. EMS express all the way. No $5 postage for this black duck.

If I ever go down the HKPilot path Im getting one of these. http://www.rctimer.com/product_971.html.
They have an integrated GPS and compass coming out soon as well.