RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jet22b
Hi O.S.G;
Thanks for the input. I just return home from my local hobby shop and the owner, ( who is also a member of my club ), said the same thing you just posted. I think I will stay with the CA hinges and don't start any problem down the road. One thing I do love about this plane is the pull-pull system for the rudder and elevator!! If I remember right, the full scale Spit's have this type of set-up!.
Again, thanks for the input!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Sonny, strongly advise you avoid the ESM tail surface hardware as it is not up to the task. I personally would go with 4/40 carbon pushrods for both and a high torque 88oz class digital servo servo to maximize surface control of flutter. I like the DS-821 and the Fut S3152. If you want to stay with pull/pull, then please invest in the Du Bro 2/56 or 4/40 pull sets (4/40 definitely for the elevator). Also, I would be very careful with the mfr indicated CG. Seems too far aft to me, and ESM is notorious for this. I'd start at 25% of root chord for the maiden and move back later if you want. I have kept my Spits at 25% and they fly great. Also, reduces balooning with the split flaps, as does running at least 60 deg full flap. The real ones came in with almost 90deg.! Marc - Spitfire brother #147