RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA 1/4 Scale Fokker Dr 1
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:04 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by akbowen
Sub wing is completed:

Not to bad. I hope it doesn't fall apart after a few flights. I'm already wishing I had fully sheeted and glassed it. I was not overly happy with the way BUSA wanted it attached to the axle. Specifically, the arms that keep it from rotating. So, instead of trying to solder the "L" shaped wire to the axle, I turned them into sort of a shepard's crook." Don't know if it's gonna work better or not.

My plan is to crimp them in place. Stabilize them with some thick CA, then wrap and solder. Unfortunately, the last part of the plan will have to wait until tomorrow as I ran out of silver solder.

You are correct, soldering those things to stay permanently, I found impossible. On my first tripe, I used a piece of 1/16" music wire centered on the trailing edge, with a clevis on one end. This allowed incidence adjustment. This kept the sub wing where it needed to be incidence wise. Otherwise, I mounted it stock on the axel with the plastic straps. Also note in the other pic, the fuel vent line running down the strut. This vents the furl under the sub wing, straight on to the ground. I have found this to be one of the best modsI made to my new tripe.
This is how I did it on my new one. The brace that was used later on the full scale.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	parvin Triplane 019.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1924901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Axel wing 001.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1924902