RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 AM
CNY_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the Kyosho 50 EP.

The struts (3/16 spring wire, 1 loop) are a bit stiff, other landings where I really botched it I could see the gear blocks coming loose, this time wasn't so hard but the ground was very soft. Adding to it, the wheels were toed out quite a bit, something I hadn't got around to fixing quite yet, and I think the extra drag from that when the wheel dug into the squishy stuff didn't help.

I wonder if I can 'soften' the wire a bit. I'd love to get some shock-absorbing struts for the looks and the utility (the field is a bit rough), but mad money for stuff like that isn't even on the horizon.

I have a nice set of LADO 60-1 retracts, they work great when I'm not leaving them strewn across the runway.

I think I don't have the plane trimmed quite right for landing, I'm going to get some help from a club member on that, I can't even be sure if I'm holding stick up. down, or neutral on the approach, just getting that figured out would be a big help. I even already have some flap-el mix, just have to tweak it the right way.