RCU Forums - View Single Post - just a thought about tamiya....
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
How the clodbuster is the only vintage tamiya, that I know of, that can take a standard 2s lipo with out any mods.
it actually has a square hole....

my only complaints about tamiya kits.... The fragile plastic....and basic ESC.... Kingpins.... Servo savers...
I think most of the plastics are decent.
My lunchbox takes a 2s 5000mah pack without mods. I just finished building my ta02t and it has the rounded battery tray....will require some trimming to fit a 2s. and some of the models you cant really trim stuff away.
I have a super hornet which fits a 2s 3200mah hardcase...Just.

I have to agree that for the price of some of the kits they should give us a better ESC and BALL BEARINGS. I mean, you can buy a ECX torment RTR with a battery, 2.4ghz radio and ball bearings for $150. But my tao2t kit was $170 and has plastic bearings. so add another $20 for bearings it should have had in the 1st place.

Other than the plastic bearings, most of their kits hold up well considering how long ago they were designed.
You can really beat on a tao2, tl01, hornet, df02 and probly others (those are just the ones I have had luck with)
And many of them...even with their plastic gears can take brushless systems...ie, the lunchbox and hornet.