RCU Forums - View Single Post - B-29 SUPERFORTRESS BUILD
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Warbird Man
Well after spending the last couple of weeks of just "prime fill and sand", I finally got the plane back on it's feet. Getting close to painting but first I need to finish setting up all the engines and fitting the cowls. The real trick is going to be how I'm going to fit a fuel tank, ignition module, ignition battery, switch, fueler, and throttle servo in each of the nacelles. Definitely gonna be a tight fit.
WM-

I have a very similar setup to yours on my B-25. I have Century Jet retracts with Robart wheels and brakes. They work great together. I set up one battery in the fuse that runs out to a charge/switch on the side of the nacelle and then to the ignition. That saved plenty of room for tank and ignition and allowed for one very large battery. You could use 2 batteries linking your inboard and outboard engines together. That way you only have to charge 2 batteries and they can be charge from either side of the plane. With your removeable wing/engine setup you could put both switches on the inboard nacelle. Just a thought.

By the way, Bruce can easily add an inch to that gear if you need it. Really enjoying your build...lots of good ideas!