RCU Forums - View Single Post - How To Make Air Retracts Reliable?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Hmm, the best advice is to get retracts from reliable sources. Robart actually does a pretty good job on their gear. DreamworksRC also will likely have a few different sources of good retracts that may fit, albeit even with some "fitting" needed.

Needless to say, BVM makes some of the most reliable systems on the market. I've actually fit quite a few different BVM retracts in other airplanes because I wanted gear that worked, EVERY time.

Don't forget to NOT use cheap air accessories like retract valves, tee's, brake controllers (BVM actually makes a finicky one I'm not crazy about and can leak) and fill valves.

I do a gear check before EVERY flight. EVERY time. I'm the only one I know that does this and I have had the least amount of gear failures of other people I've seen.

I test my that my gear go up and down, at least twice, EVERY time I fly. If they don't, the jet is grounded.

Let me iterate on all the air accessories that usually come with the chinese jets, your feibao included: THROW THEM ALL AWAY!
Good point about the brake valve, which one would you suggest ?
Thanks, V.