RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dubro Cushioned Motor Mounts?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Buddy,
I've flown a RCG 20cc gas engine on a Big Stick .60~.90 size, with the DuBro Anti-Vibration mount. I would not recommend using the DuBro anti-vibration mounts on any gas engine. Gas engines vibrate a whole lot more then 2 or 4 stroke nitro engines. I've been advised by several experienced gas flyers here on RCU not to fly with anti-vibration mount, on two stroke gas engines. I went anyway and mounted my 20cc gas engine on a 1.20 size DuBro Vibration mount...and the mount ended up cracking one support lug after 50+ flights. DuBro did replace the broken mount for me...but after this I use the engine mounts that came with the engine.

The vibration was so bad with the DuBro anti-vibration mount, I had to support my Stabilizer to my Rudder. The tail section fuselage balsa near the tail feathers ended up cracking and I ended up doing a lot of repair work to the model. I managed to get over 160+ flights on the model, until I was 10' to low on a loop...the mounts cracked and broke free in the crash.

I would not recommend using any anti-vibration mounts on a gas two stroke engine.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 10-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.