RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joebahl
I own a big hitec lipo charger and have used all sizes of the servos
and looking at buying their new radio . What i dont like is people who are sponsered buy them starting their own cheerleading team rather that getting people who dont work for them honest opinions so the rest of us can judge the new radio for ourselfs. My old 7 channel is almost 10 years old and time for me to buy a new one but iam old school and dont need or will use all of junk on most of these new 8 and 9 channel radios . I competed in pattern and pylon in the 70's and 80's and flew my planes well with out the new functions my radios and fly my now scale birds with only simple mixing also . BTW i wont take a chance of putting a lipo in my tranmitter either i use a 2300 nimph pack and it gives me more than anough flying time for a full day of fun. Here is one of my scratch built all hitec powered birds ,you have anymore questions for me sir? joe
Well I don't work for Hitec but do like their products which I have used for 13+ years. Great bang for the buck and fantastic help and service when you need it. I have two A9 Tx since early 2009 and 12 RX now plus two TM systems and they all work great. I tried Spektrum Dx6 for awhile in 2009 while I waited for Hitec to come out with a 2.4 system. The DX6 was ok but using the wheel thing to program was not that easy especially when compared to the A9 touch screen.
What you call junk on 8 and 9 channel radios these days is what I call tons of nice features. Yes it takes awhile to get used to them but it is all good in the end. When I hear someone say "I would never buy a programmable radio" I am hearing someone who does not know what he is missing.
If you don't want to spring $ for a new radio, there are lots of good deals on used ones on E-Bay etc. With the new A9x coming out soon (soon is relative since last May....LOL) there will be lots of used A9s around.
Give it a try and good luck!
Jim D