RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Hello,
I don't understand why we need LiPo in Tx. You don't........
My NiMh gives me a full day flying backup just right dropping down to 33% after about 20 flights each of 10-12 mins. that's a lot of flying.
Why install a LiPo ? Some of us install a lipo because it last longer than a NiMh... I can go almost 3 months without charging.....
LiPos are specifically designed to give out ample of current when needed and not increase your flight times.
Our Radios do not need ample current, they just consume 80mA while operating. This is true, I added it so that I don't have to worry about charging it more often.
Also, you have to keep removing the battery out for charging, which eventually wears off the connectors !!! Not, necessarily true...
I never had to remove my battery from the Tx. unless to clean the inside. And also recommend to charge from wall charger and not fast charge.
IMO, if you need to increase the flight times, just install a NiMh battery with higher mA ratings (default is 1700mA) Available is 2200mA or more which might last for 2 continuous days. Or the best is to keep 2 batteries which is a cheaper solution to expensive and dangerous LiPos.
I think Hitec has given option for LiPo is just because LiPo are getting too common and talked off among hobbies !!! Could be.....

Happy Long Flyings !!

Hemal[/QUOTE]