RCU Forums - View Single Post - XB-70 EDF
Thread: XB-70 EDF
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
hadatom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbobearcat
Has anybody replaced the retracts on this jet?

I have seen the electric retracts but has anybody replaced them on this bird yet and if so what did you use?
This is a Youtube video of my latest flight of the 70mm XB-70 with upgrades. I put a 10 blade Change Sun fan, a 6 cell Nanotech1300 mAh battery, HK 60A ESC, HK L2855-2300KV motor and HK electric retracts (with plastic trunions to save weight). I am also using an Eagletree flight stabilizer on 2D mode for smoother flights. The 1300 mAh may seem small but by staying away from afterburners except for a couple of passes and takeoff, it gives me more than 3 minutes of flight. Power to weight ratio is way more than 1:1. I could go for a larger battery, but I would have to add a lot of tail weight or reconfigure the battery compartment aft. I will be trying out the 12 blade Change Sun next week, with the same setup. The reviews on the 12 blade are awesome. Too bad NiceSky does not produce this plane anymore, the stock version was weak and underpowered, but with the upgrades it's haulin ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGyEv3aXmcA