RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
coupe1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently replaced my gear box. In my haste, I accidentally dropped out the two little metal bearings before I saw how they both went back into place on the shaft assembly. There are no instructions included in the package for a complete gearbox and pinion set packet and all the parts and screws are loose inside the packet. I was not for sure just how to place the two small bearings onto the gear shaft in the correct order. Unfortunately, I didn't see Belemnoid's photo before I had already glued the firewall plastic into place, so in order to remove the motor screws and shaft to make changes at this point, I have to remove that firewall plastic piece, which is a real pain. Any rate, what is the proper sequence of the parts that go onto the shaft? I found some photos in this very lengthy thread, but they didn't show the metal bearings in the photos. I don't seem to have any flex in the shaft and how I positioned them and the motor and prop work very well on testing. Just wanted to check that placement so that the next time I'll have it correct. Hope that explains my question okay. In the 2nd pic, where do the metal bearings go? Is there one to the outside area of that long piece, just behind the plastic insert spacer, and one to the inside of that long black piece that goes onto the shaft from the inside as the shaft is put into the opening?

Thanks for any info.