RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Enya
Thread: Club Enya
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:25 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis
If you have never run a typhoon 63 you are in for a memorable experience. They are incredibly LOUD and they have a severe vibration problem. I have seen and also experienced structural failure due to the shaking that the engine gave the model. Of course that was about 47 years ago but they really don't get better with age. They are I believe either the first or 2nd offering from Enya but I think the straight intake Enya 19 was first My go to guy on Enya engines is Pat King as he is an voracious collector of them and is well versed in the history and lineage of the models. He is readily available at the Brotherhood of the Ring site or stunt Hanger. Both are control line sites. You might have a tough search for that small baloney cut muffler. your example looks almost pristine. Dennis
Dennis, interesting factoid on Fredo's early Enya Typhoon .60 engine that I never knew, and it has an interesting 6 bolt crankcase front. It must have not had much of a counterbalance on the crankshaft for it to vibrate so much. I thought the Fox .35 stunt engine vibrated a lot.