RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
No, it does not. you can use the old or New receivers. In order to use the new receivers you have to switch to that receiver......
Some answers from Hitec to some A9x questions I had posed to the Hitec Sales team today :
• If I run the 9X with the present optima 6 to 9 RXs I get the A9 resolution of 1028 with either analog or digital servos? - you will have 4096 Resolution with the 9X and the all RX’s – the resolution seen at the servo will depend upon the servo itself and its level of resolution. It isn’t a digital or analog thing per se, but chip, potentiometer etc. Our 7XXX, 8XXX, & 9XXX have 12 bit resolution or higher.

• The 9x only provides 4096 resolution if used with the Maxima RXs and digital servos? – NO, all RX’s will pass through 4096.
• The Maxima RXs will only work with digital servos? YES

• The 9X data sheet says the update rate is “improved latency-7ms update rate”. 7ms frame rate
o This is the rate at which the RF wave train outputs are updated? YES
o This only applies when used with Maxima RXs? YES, but the 9X with the OPTIMAS are 2x faster than with the A9 (no more module).

o What is the update rate of the Aurora 9? 42ms
• Can I expect the same or better battery run time with the 9x as the A9? Likely the same
• The Maxima Rx power use and current inrush characteristics are very similar to the Optima RXs? Don’t understand the question
• The 9x will not allow me to transfer my present A9model configurations via the HPP-22 Correct

Have fun,
Jim D.