RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:04 AM
ravikoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Seahawk,
I see that you have the Kingtech K80, i have the same engine & am wondering as to what have you used for Fuel tank, and what size.
Thanks in advance for all input.
Cheers
Ravi

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
Hello Jeremy,

I have been hammering the poor old Falcon Ver 1 pretty hard since Jan this year. The new K80 now has 7 hrs 51 minutes on it. All in the Falcon. I usually run 7 minute flights and land with fuel for another 4 minutes or so. I am about to start my second Ver 1 Falcon and am looking at KMRC struts. Do you have any pics you can show me please? The struts on the current Falcon are trailing link nose gear struts from HobbyKing.

Much to the horror of the purists I run mostly HobbyKing gear in my current Falcon. The servos were hooked up to a servo tester and cycled at 1 cycle per second for 4 hrs before fitting to the model. The electric retracts were cycled for 30 mins. So far all good. Servos are Corona digital metal gear servos and all have passed the cycle test. The only problem I have had with the Falcon is when it lost a fight with a fence post while taxii'ing.

A pair of Version 2 wings from Ken were fitted and the Falcon continues to fly.

uTube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrBdMA2Iq5Y

Cheers

Col