RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 01:02 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow another month gone by, well a couple of things firstly I decided to go with a slightly smaller wheel 3 1/4 Williams Bros. wheel,it looks quite a bit better and they work with the struts I have, the Robart wheels were rubbing on the strut and I was going to need to shim them out to roll smoothly, they were also just a tiny bit large for the space I had in the wing bay and were rubbing at the edge of the wheel well.

after looking closely at my docs I decided to make some small details on the inside of the wheel covers, firstly I cut some small brass tubing as a guide for the screws used to hold the doors onto the struts about a fat 1/8 long after drilling the mounting holes I glued them in place then filled the spaces between them with scrap light weight balsa as a cradle for the strut, after shaping and a little sanding the cover was mated to the strut nice and tight I then added some small scraps to add thickness,strength, and dimension to the interior of the cover.

I then used some brass strip to bend hold down brackets to attach then to the strut leg,

all these little tweaks took a few evenings to get the covers dialed and fitting properly,lastly will be bedding the gear I do this with the Robart Plastic gear so they don't have any twist in the retract body they work allot smoothly that way I will post more on that later.

lastly I mounted the gun cover with some button head cap screws I am inching towards paint thankfully I will have some time tomorrow to work on this and push it closer to the finish line.

Last edited by bigtim; 10-13-2013 at 01:04 AM.