RCU Forums - View Single Post - Receiver quandary
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Lemon receivers came in Saturday's mail (10/12/13); I had placed the order on 9/27. Each came with a square of double-sided tape (for mounting, I suppose), a plastic wrap around cover with adhesive pads and a binding plug --- there were no instructions. I bought the 6ch featherlight end-pin model.

There were some things that I found a little troublesome. The pins from the 90 degree header extend some length through the bottom of the board, so much so that I clipped them off, then filed the ends smooth. The solder joints on a couple of the pins looked a little cold, so I reflowed those joints. We see this quite often at work where some through hole components heat sink the joints too much during production and the joints need a little touch-up. Lastly, where the antennas come off the board, the joint looks like it may stress fracture easily. I don't know if the antenna wire is solid or stranded and if it is annealed copper or some other metal. I'm going to carry either an epoxy or hot glue support from the board to the insulation on the antenna, otherwise I'm afraid that the antenna may snap off fairly easily. The separation of the header pins is narrow and I ground and filed the shoulder off the servo plugs to get them to fit more easily --- this has also been a problem with other micro RXs that I've used, so it's not unique to this brand.

It bound to my DX7 immediately with no problem. I have not range checked it, but did run the channels thru a servo test.