RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tomahawk Viper Jet
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well I cannot say my experience with Thomas was similar to yours. First is that he never told me (despite his claims, I have all the e-mails to prove otherwise) the color I wanted was not in stock nor would it be until he had sufficient orders to fill a full load from wherever these things are built. He never told me (although he says it's "on the order button of the webpage") that I only had to pay a deposit. So I ordered the thing,he sent me a bill for some $5100.00 and change (US Dollars) which I sent him. I had to pay for that wire transfer fee since he woudn't take a credit card or anything else, I also paid the conversion fee to Euros and then I didn't hear anything from him. Finally after about a week I asked if he got the money and he told me yes but nothing else. About three weeks into the process, Hammer had shipped my engine and still no word on my airplane from Thomas, so I e-mailed again asking where my model was. He replied in a rather "curt" fashion that it would not be built or delivered until the end of the year and in essence wanted to know why I was questioning him. A series of arguments ensued where I demanded a refund and he refused. He tried to sell me a different color, I told him no. He claimed I did not have to pay in full up front but has no evidence of that information being provided to me. He refused to refund my money, or even less a deposit as he claimed he'd already "ordered" the model.

I am NOT happy with him or his USA distributor who I tried to get a model from originally, but who did not seem to care if he sold me a model or not unless it was one he'd been flying for about 3 years from what I can tell with the YouTube videos of him flying said model.

All I can do at this point is hope I see something for my expensive adventure, but I have nothing except Thomas's word that I'll get the model and the actual delivery date is the subject of another arguement.. Soo.... IMHO it's "buyer beware" when it comes to Tomahawk Design.