RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 10-16-2013, 05:27 AM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardGee
While we wait for Steve to maiden, I thought I would share my latest Gee Bee mods... Although this beast flies like a scalded monkey with a 3W157CS, I thought it would be nice to reduce the level of "frantic" by eliminating weight, noise, and cubic inches to find perhaps a better balance between performance and handling, while also reducing the 'pucker factor'
Having flown this airplane with a DA100 and seeing plenty of others flown with similar engines, I believe a DA120 might be the perfect combination of weight and power, BUT removing nearly 4 pounds of engine from the nose requires major surgery, lest I am forced to simply add it back to the tail...
To that end, I am modifying the elevator into a pull/pull configuraton, joining both halves via CF rod, and hinging them per the full scale Gee Bee. ALL servos will be mounted far forward utilizing pull/pull cables for both rudder and elevator.

Fine work Gee...another slight change which is what I did is to move the rudder servo tray forward. Quit a bit of change when you consider the wooden tray, servo, and linkage total weight.