RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 PM
crownline
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Great job Steve!
Yep not easy to be sure but you did a fine job. Its more intimidating than it seems when you actually fly it I think. Im looking forward to the next time out for sure.

My only comment on the landing approach procedure is that your coming in too high and then dropping onto the field. This increases the airspeed unnecessarily. If you make a long shallow descending turn on final with a low power setting you will be lined up and low ready to touch down. I walked over to the end of the runway to give myself a better perspective on the runway and to try and touch down near me so there would be the rest of the runway to slow down. Ive seen you land like this with your larger IMAC models so I know you can do it!

Now we can fly at CAMS! Lol carrier landing with a GEE BEE anyone? Hahaha
Chris
i agree with you a lower approach would be better, with the motor having very little time on it ( 10 min ) i wanted to stay a litter higher i case it quit on me. besides IMAC = 7years Gee Bee = 2 flights
ill be the first one sitting in my chair having a beer watching YOU do carrier landings. LOL

Steve