RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Enya
Thread: Club Enya
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jimamosn8cah
I have been monitoring this thread for quite a while reading some great info on these engines. My Dad had an Enya .35 on a Sterling S-2 Mustang that he flew on 65 ft. lines (probably 1975).
I've found that the Enya .15-III TV (yes the RC engine) is capable of a wet-2 peak-2 cycle, as tested on my Ringmaster Junior. Adjusted properly throttle wired wide open, it will wet-2 cycle in level flight. When one does a maneuver, such as a loop, wing-over, etc., it will then break into a peak-2 cycle. Once maneuver is over and in level flight, it will go back to a richer wet-2 cycle.

When I was 15 I bought a a Nobler kit with a .35 5224 engine NIB both for $25 but never got around to building the Nobler (both are still NIB!). I have since taken up obtaining them new and used when the price was good. I have yet to find one without good compression, though I had to completely degum the 90-4C and rebuild it.
Perhaps it is time to revisit the Nobler?

[SNIP]

Any recommendations for a good sport plane for the .09 TV?
Depends what you want to do. Basically with the right prop, it will move a large half-A plane very spiritedly. The Enya's are torque engines, and thus aren't high RPM engines. I found at least my .09-III TV's like wood props, the plastics have too much inertia, needle was sensitive. A 7x6 wood prop will move a plane along with good speed. Anything below a 7x4 and you're below the engine's power curve.