RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cessna L19 Bird Dog
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Nodd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOPS!
How come no one, myself included, noticed my tail is all wrong... WRONG!

A guy over at RCGroups correctly pointed out the counter balance part of my rudder & elevator is attached to the wrong part of the tail...

Well in my defense I didn't actually build this tail, this is the way I got it. I have no clue why the original builder put it together this way, guess we'll never know?

The question now is should I take the time to put it right? There's actually a really good argument for keeping it the way it is though. I've seen other tow planes that have counter balanced control surfaces experience issues with the tow line catching on the control surfaces. The line snags the pointed part & gets stuck in the gap between the stab & control surface. With the counter balance on the other part, problem solved, hmmm. So we're going to pretend we did it this way on purpose, so the tow-line doesn't snag... yeah that's why its this way :-P

Paint
I've decided to paint the corrugated control surfaces instead of cover them. It's less work & should look better. Applying the primer coat...

I'll be laying down coats for a while tonight, no need to photo each step. So that's all I'm posting for today.

Last edited by Nodd; 10-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.