RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tomahawk Viper Jet
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM
lxfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by siclick33

I think I've found one piece that's missing. I assume that the fuel tank cap is supposed to have a threaded ring that you glue to the tank? If so, mine's not there. It's not a big drama as the metal cap looks like a leftover part from a farm tractor so I'm going to use something else anyway. The canopy release latch is also a bit odd - how have people gone about fitting that? Have you used the bowden cable? If not, I assume that I need to solder a metal rod on so that it can be opened from the outside?
To the brass cap belongs an aluminium ring and finished it looks like http://www.rcmarket.net/cmsj/images/...dvpj25r018.jpg
If you bought the prepared latch from Tomahawk,it is working quite well, I glue first the latch in the upper side of the fuselage(with epoxy) , so that the moving pin overlaps it, than i drill a little hole on the lower(under) side of the fuselage just where the wing joins the fuselage and guide the bowden outside the fuselage. Than I guide the bowden inside the fuselage and glue it on the wall in a wide curve. Now I sold the little metal ball to the steel cable to pull the latch.
On the canopy frame I mark the place of the latch pin, drill a hole, mount the canopy frame as it fits later on and glue a brass tube in the frame (4mm diameter) over the pin, so I have a strong place for holding the canopy.
Best you prepare the frame with the 2 front pins a 2 latchs in the middle of the frame.
If not clear, please tell me and I put you some detail photos on my site.