RCU Forums - View Single Post - Enlarged Zirioli Turbinator 125% size
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the summer has pasted us by and I just wasnt able to put any time into finishing the plane with Jans health issues and my work demands until now. I spent the last week cleaning and reorganizing my shop so it's now onto the building season. I had four minor repairs to do and one major from the last two years of flying and they are all completed but one wing sheetign repair and leading edge replacment. I am very ready to jump all over the planes and get them into the air this coming spring. My last major hurdle was finding a tank from off the shelve that would give us enough fuel for the guys putting in bigger engines; I just didn't want to put in two or three smaller tanks when one big one would fit it I could just find the right configuration. Well that didnt happen and I have a old Kangaroo tank in my standard size Turbinator and since it has been completly trouble free I contatced Gary at Jet Tech and he is going to make a single baffled tank that will hold 186 oz and will fit into the allotted space for 195$. I thought I'd pass that on to everyone who might be interested in getting one as I have been getting some PM's asking about retracts and struts. I promise that they will get done this winter and out to the field. pictures of the progress to follow.