RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 04:07 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slowly plugging away on mine. Using an EME55 with electric starter. It barely fits(the starter). I will need to add a reinforcement on the inside of the cowl next to where the electric starter is to prevent rubbing damage(if such occurs) while the motor is running causing stuff to vibrate around.
Anyway....installed a Jtec tapered wrap around muffler(tower lists it for p-51.....not the same one as for a p-40).

Friend of mine had his out to the field the other day and would have tried to maiden, but found his flap servos were going south.
Please note.....the HobbyKing retracts for their Spitfire fit this Top Flite Spitfire almost dead perfect. Only enlarging a couple bolt holes was required. My gear from the HK Spitfire survived the catastrophic wing failure so that saved me some money. My friend also used the HK spitfire retracts from his HK plane(his went smush as well....but was pilot induced)

My TF spit is now primer painted after recovering the thing with solartex. Hopefully I can get it done in a few weeks before the weather goes absolutely to crap.
Not much to show really currently as its all in grey primer, but if someone wants, I can snap a photo or two.