RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do Spectrum radios use Satellite Recievers and Futaba radios do not?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well at least this debate was civil.futaba developed its current 2.4 from technology it had discovered at least 15 years ealier than spectrum.while spectrum 2.4 is similar it uses the 2.4 frequency similarly.the best thing is that both work well and have made flying rc so much better.i did own a dx7 and in less than 15 minutes destryed 2 expensive planes.the brown out was related to the receiver not me.and the solution was at the time a 6.00 part.i went back to futaba.in fairness that issue has long been addressed.i returned to futaba and it was just easier for me to bind and I didnt like the other antennae unit.nothing wrong or inferior just different.both futaba , jr and spectrum have done an outstanding service to our hobby.spectrum isvery afford with futaba.but I will admit for park flyers spectrum is slightly less expensive and has lots of inexpensve rx.while I do not claim to know I ofthis I hear time to time issues with other brands beyond theses two very respectable companies.i love 2.4 and I love my futaba 8fg.
?..