RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do Spectrum radios use Satellite Recievers and Futaba radios do not?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Isn't that like saying... The Iphone 5 is a cover up for the Iphone 3 Fiasco because it couldn't access 4G networks?

I'm not complaining if technology advances and they release a better protocol (DSMX)

I am also extremely happy that anything DSMX is backward compatible with DSM2..

Advances in technology are a good thing..
I agree and sometimes though advances in technology can come with some issues. One thing is for sure, the advances in technology is why I am in RC. It is so much more affordable and do-able for me. I highly regard the current "cool" radios and such. I mean, I have one radio for most of my planes and could use it for all my planes, but I have been too lazy to switch the rest over

Another point to make in this thread is that it has been remarkably civil. Most of the these type of threads get stupid and heat up quick. We all know there can be electronics failures with radios and other equipment. I have stated a number of times on forums about an issue I had that I was 100% sure it was the radio and was totally sure Spektrum was crap until I discovered what was really wrong!

Sometimes our assumptions are not on the mark. I had a plane that would glitch horrifically. Guess what it was? It was a connector in one of the wings that was vibrating back and forth and would cause control problems! Every issue I have had so far I pinned down by doing proper research. None have been radio issues. This doesn't mean a radio cannot fail, it just means that for me they haven't.