RCU Forums - View Single Post - Covering a new plane with Chinakote
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In the days gone by when I was doing the same thing as you I was still building. Smaller kits in the 40 and 60 size were built in the living room during prime time, everything except sanding. I did that once and my wife really had a fit. I built on a folding table with a piece of pine as a building board over the top. Wasn't easy but it was how I relaxed at night and still kept up on the few shows I watched. At that time my daughter was old enough to know not to touch anything on my special table. It gets easier as time moves on and the kids don't want anything to do with you unless they need something, like money. Then you have time to build cars and bikes and play by yourself in your own private garage. I am also blessed with a very special wife that indulges me, read spoils!! She doesn't require all my time, as long as she knows where I am she is good with most anything I want to do. She is into NASCAR and Football. I'm in my shop during a race then come in for the last 10 laps, I'm never in during a day time football game but do get stuck on Monday nights. Some things just can't be avoided.
Tonight I should have been peeling Gorilla glue out of joints but I had to attend a small dinner party, another one of those can't avoid things.
The guys that know me personally know my background and understand how I got retired, something I would only wish on someone I really didn't like.