RCU Forums - View Single Post - The best way to CS a Tamiya TA06?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
ToraKitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's alloy.

In fact, it's all alloy and carbon! Those top fasteners aren't as fiddly as you might think - two of them don't really unscrew all the way off. They also don't need to be screwed on tight, either. they stay snug, once snugged up...that's all!

The other thing about the steering is, it's all bearing supported, and the RSector's chassis is S-T-I-F-F! No flex, whatsoever. It will definitely keep you on your toes, suspension-wise, because your suspension settings will have to be close to spot-on, then! I was pleasantly surprised at this, because many chassis have some flex, which allows you to "flub" suspension settings. The RSector has to be tuned carefully!

It does have a few problems, however.....the servo mount requires the use of a lo-pro servo, otherwise, a standard servo will stick out on the right side, but this is a small thing, since left/right balance is evened up, with the RSector arrangement. The kit also doesn't come with any instructions, but the kit is so easy to assemble just by looking at the pics at the website, you really don't need any. About the only place I had to think about, are the spacing washers that were included, for the steering bellcranks, to remove vertical slop. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

As I said, it's the cheapest carbon conversion available for the TA06, pricewise, and the quality is top-notch.

I found some washers to fit the center shaft on the JRXS-R! I'll be fiddling with it tonight, to see if I can finish up the CS, without ordering anything extra. About the only part I might have to, is the belt, but I'll see.......

And yes, the RSector comes with alloy rear stiffeners and a fan! It even comes with it's own screws.

EDIT:

That pulley works, but I'll require a new, slightly shorter belt.

Last edited by ToraKitsu; 11-11-2013 at 07:57 PM.