RCU Forums - View Single Post - The best way to CS a Tamiya TA06?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:07 AM
ToraKitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steering on the RSector is like the Overdose, but not exactly the same. And no, the servo can be mounted only on the right side, unless you use a different set of bellcranks. Right-side mounting is optimum, anyway, since that evens out chassis balance, if ESC is mounted on the left, which is cleaner since there aren't any motor wires crossing the chassis, the battery being top-load.

And there is a marked difference between the stiffness of the TA06 carbon-reinforced chassis plate, and the RSector. There is still a bit of flex in the carbon-reinforced plate. There is NONE, in the RSector. You can easily see the difference!

As for servos, like I said, it's not necessary, but recommended that you have a lo-pro. It's mostly just for looks, but you will be spending some time on mounting and linkage. Every one of us that did this conversion had to (I have three friends who also did this conversion).

As for me, I'm dead in the water now......have to wait a few days until I can order that F1 kit.......