RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Printing?
Thread: 3D Printing?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
I can't imagine how anyone could find that prospect boring. The idea of 3D printing opens up an entirely new direction in aeromodeling.
The only thing this will open up is your pocket book because of the price, and your eyes when you find out how difficult it actually is to program a part in 3D. Have you actually done any 3D programming in Auto Cad Turbo Cad, Gibbs, etc?
I don't see the 3D printer for RC use by the average modeler as being practical for at least another decade.Even when this technology is finally dumbed down for the average user, I still feel 3D printing an air frame or wing still falls into the boring category for me. If you were one of us that still build planes as part of the hobby you would realize this. If you are looking at 3D printing as being a hobby in and of it self, I could see that. I program every day, and some of this stuff is still difficult for me. This is why until the software companies get a more user friendly programming system, this will never be for the casual user.

Greg

Last edited by OldRookie; 11-17-2013 at 05:52 AM.