RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 AM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys.

I guess all the builds are going well..?
I've been a little behind with mine,but back on with the build now :-)

I decided to go the "two-servo" route for the flaps,I also found out that on my "centre-section"of the wing,the guide tube for the Flap Torque rod had been "set" incorrectly during manufacture..............can't do any thing about that,so it has left me with a slightly out of line torque rod drive to the inner flap................meaning as it rotates to lower or raise the flaps it pivots off the centre-line and gives the impression it is moving up and down aswell as round !!!
The "plywood" used in the centre wing construction is very,very soft,so in order to mount the servos,additional "hard" ply was bonded to both sides of the soft ply,with the soft ply being sandwiched in the middle.
But all is working well enough...............I am using Spektrum 6030 servos on all except the throttle and also using a 12Ch Tx / "cockpit Rx" set up.............hoping to use the in-built gear/door sequencer for the six Micro servos for the gear doors.( May be able to do a mechanical set up for the tail wheel doors as I did on my P-47??)
I have checked the current draw on the servos for the flaps at full and mid points ( 0.2AMAX at max throw during transition to 50 /70mm,then down to 0.00A when servo at stop)....for my set up I will be using about 35mm for mid and 50mm for full flap ( I can easily get 70mm,but with my geometry decided to stay at 50mm for the time being).

I also added 3mm to the "middle" flap between it and the inner flap as I thought that the gap looked too big

I also found out that someone in China got a bit carried away with the thread lock on all my supplied clevis/ball link,hence all solid and rotating in the plastic,not as they should !!! I threw them in the bin and purchased Du-Bro #3365 Heavy duty clevis with 4-40 ball link ( 8/32)...........lovely quality...perfect !!!

I also used on the flap mechanism H9 HAN3557 4-40 x 5" Titanium Pro-Links.

So on with the build !!!!

Regards.................Nick (UK)

Oh..............If your using the pylon release,worth checking that the pin moves all the way back when operated,otherwise your payload may hang-up. ( one of my release mechanisms need some attention as the pin had not been fitted fully "home" in the moving housing )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FLP1.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1940323   Click image for larger version

Name:	FLP2.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1940324   Click image for larger version

Name:	FLP3.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1940325   Click image for larger version

Name:	FLP4.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1940326  

Last edited by njmheli; 11-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.