RCU Forums - View Single Post - How critical is fuel tank level in relation to carb?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
carl24bpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
Gentlemen...
Please don't force me to comply with the request made in post #2.
I DO appreciate that you've managed not to let this descend into name calling, but this 'discussion' is beginning to skirt the boundaries.
you've both made your respective points, let's leave it at that, OK?
i thought it was very civilised to be honest and good to see a difference in opinion. It gives me the info I need to make my own educated decision. In my case I can't move the tank as there is no more room for a new hole. I could bring the bung inside the compartment but that's going to cause issues as far as securing it properly goes.

The tank is too high so there should be no fuelling issues, just starting. I have found that using a two line system with a break fjord refuelling in the feed line works okay. It stops fuel entering the engine when refuelling and I just connect it back up right before starting. It's a bit diddly as I brought the line out underneath as I didn't want to effect the look of the plane any more.

im hoping to repair it tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on when I go fly again.

i can say that the PC-9 is a beast of a ship compared to a trainer. Very axial on rolls and just goes exactly where you tell it. Great plane. I just need to get used to the crazy fast landings.