RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Tucano Build
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 09:02 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzalo38
Behzad:

The DA120 is a very nice engine and will give the Marchetti plenty of power. There are a couple of videos in Youtube of a Yellow Marchetti flying with a DA120 from a grass field.

Have you seen the video of the Tucano with the new SPT-10 ? Maybe that would be a good combo for your field.

http://youtu.be/SaLm4ZEUKpc I love the design of the Tucano and it has always been one of my favorite designs (this is my second Tucano), but it has a tendency to fly with a low tail and it just looks strange in the air. If you fly it faster you don't notice it too much but for sure in slow speed passes it looks like the airplane is seating in its tail.

The Marchetti doesn't have that problem and it's a great flyer in all range of speeds. The problem is that it doesn't look as scale as the Tucano on its design.
Hi Gonzalo

Thank you. the Video looks great. I also like the design of Tucano better. I feel Marchetti is a little too fat around the cockpit area. I am half way through the build of Skygate Hawk. one of these probably come after that.

Thanks again.

Behzad