RCU Forums - View Single Post - Screwed by HobbyKing
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 09:33 PM
byrne1157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, boy! I get to ride the fence on this one!!!
I get to complain, because the servo I bought for 4 bucks(on sale) failed!! oh, wait, I don't get to complain, because I over-stressed the servo while setting the airplane up. (one of my first airplanes). yes, it was a cheap foamy, but I was not flush with cash, so I couldn't afford to buy servos at 15 bucks each.
I got a turnigy wattmeter from them doa! And those dirty birds over there they....oh wait, they had me return it to the U.S. warehouse, and refunded me ALL of the purchase price, and shipping. (I bought a wattsup from "the bay".
I know, this will get me in with the complainers, and keep them from calling me a shill: Those son-of-a-guns took forever to ship my...Dang it!! 45 orders, and I can't really come up with a really crappy experience.
I've ordered esc's, rx's, motors, led sets, parts a pieces of all kinds in the time I've dealt with them, not to mention a turnigy 9x radio, and most recently, an Frsky Taranis radio, (had to wait 3 weeksfor that to come in to stock, before it shipped). And no problem I couldn't take in stride. The 9x has performed flawlessly, and so far, the Taranis is looking very good too. As far as not using either of these radios in an expensive airplane? Why would I risk possibly injuring myself, or another pilot by using either one in a less expensive airplane? I'll gladly fly ANY airplane with either one of them!!!
Last spring I purchased an Avistar Elite from TH, and upon inspection I found it to be severely lacking adhesive in the joints from the firewall , back tp the furthest point I could see. I called them, and the guy on the other end said "Don't you have any glue". I informed him that indeed I did, and thanks to his intuitive questioning, I would handle the problem myself. And that I would likely never do business with them again. I never heard from them again.
Hobbyking has never given me anything but respect, and, when I called them about the wattmeter, there was no problem.
The only complaint I have with them, is that they don't have a warehouse down the street from me.
I have never had an offer to be a "shill" for them, and wouldn't accept if they had. I have never been paid to advertise for them.
After having worked in eletronics for 30 years, I am sure of one thing. There is only a "projected lifespan" for anything electronic. It is all subject to failure at some time or another. Deal with it like an adult, and you'll feel much better.

Last edited by byrne1157; 11-29-2013 at 09:35 PM.